Who doesn't wish to have to more and better things for the future? This is my wish list for 2009, they may look crazy, but I badly want these things to happen.
- 2009 Elections in India makes a revolution : This is my favourite. I would love to see a revolution happening. Bringing democracy back to life. A leader and billion people making not just one difference but a lot of difference. Off course blogs are just blogs, keyboard is just a keyboard, we really need to get our hands dirty. How I wish 2009 to be the year when it is no longer OK for Mayawati to have birthday bash, no longer OK for Devegowda to own crores worth of land,Karnanidhi no longer thinks he is the GOD and APJ comes back.
- Climate change no longer a Myth : Ah ! Many still don't care, but hope in 2009 people finally wake up and say "OMG this is happening because of climate change. " Are we people still not seeing that December is warm? Didn't you hear about the Himalayas melting, Chinese desert expanding.... Forget the Financial crisis it will solve by itself within a year or two, but iceage take little longer than that !
- Somebody really solves the energy crisis : OK lets assume we have solved the financial crisis, we have all the money, people keep buying cars, people keep building houses and industries, what next ? No energy ? I guess Indians are already seeing this problem. Rapid growth but not enough energy.... I wish there would be a revolutionary cleantech stuff that gives the world energy for free, unlimited,clean and refreshing. Ausra's Compact Linear Fresnel Reflector (CLFR) solar technology " height="333" width="500">
- People will see farming as a cool profession : Well I may be thinking too much on this one ! But people ! Industrial revolution is old story, food is becoming scarce. Billions of people eating everyday, the market has always been huge ! The market needs more to feed the ever hungry world. It's already happening, the super cool IIM guys selling vegetables, farming is not very far. Think again people, our work place won't be fabric covered cubicle, but acres of green land, amazing work tools, real pets (No more screensaver fishes or desktop flowers) and ya not to mention the great health. Well with all the financial crisis going back to farm doesn't seem to be bad idea ! Thing again folks, which is a great idea? Selling software to bankrupt banks or selling food to the hungry billions !
- Somebody really stops stupid scientists from doing stupid things : There are lot things happening with science that will ruin everything for human beings. Have you not seen this on Discovery Channel ? I'm not saying 2009 will be the end, but somebody has to stop stupid stuffs like genetic pollution of the food. See it's not science fiction anymore, it's already happening. This one from the move I Am Legend "So you have actually cured cancer...."